Upgrading MYOB Exo Employer Services Online
Answer ID 34710 | Published 14/09/2012 02:49 PM | Updated 02/11/2020 06:43 AM
Upgrading MYOB Exo Employer Services Online
See the Minimum System Requirements document, available on the MYOB website, for full details on requirements and supported operating systems.
- Ensure that there are no open pays within the system (either Current Pays or One Off Pays).
- Ensure that all users have closed their MYOB Exo Employer Services applications.
- Ensure that you are running the upgrade under a Windows account that has administrative privileges.
- If your payroll is installed on a server, it is NOT recommended to run this upgrade from a local PC. Please see your system administrator as this process should be performed on the server by the network administrator.
Follow these steps to upgrade an existing installation of MYOB Exo Employer Services from within the application using the Upgrade Software Online function.
Before installing this upgrade, ensure that all users have closed their MYOB Exo Employer Services applications.
- Close all programs running on the computer on which you are installing this upgrade. Open your MYOB Exo Employer Services application. Log into any one of your payroll companies.
- Go to the Help menu and select Upgrade Software Online.
- The Employer Services Update wizard checks for updates, and displays the Update Available window for this release. Click Next.
- Follow through the steps in the Upgrade Wizard, clicking Next when prompted to move to the next window. Note that while the upgrade process only downloads the changed and new files required for this upgrade, the download may still take several minutes to install.
- When the upgrade is complete, click Finish. MYOB Exo Employer Services is launched, and the Upgrade Software window is displayed.
- Use the arrow buttons to move companies between the “WILL be backed up” and “will NOT be backed up” lists. During the upgrade, a backup will be made for each of the companies listed on the right of the screen.
Note: If you did not take a backup before starting the upgrade process, we strongly recommend that you select all payroll companies for backup.
- Click Upgrade Now. If you chose to back up your companies, the backup will be performed before that company’s data is upgraded. As each company is upgraded, you will see the names of the files being upgraded in the top right hand corner of your screen. Do not interrupt this process. It may take several minutes.
- You may be prompted to “Convert 3.0 resource file to 6.0 format”. Click Yes.
- Once the upgrade process has finished, you will be returned to the company selection window. You can now continue using the software in the normal way.
Security software warnings during upgrade:
Upgrade files are sometimes blocked by, or cause warning messages from, IT security settings and software. In this case, running the upgrade might require assistance from Client's IT support.
Antivirus software warnings - a response or change in virus definitions from the software provider can take time. In this situation, one option is to temporarily disable the antivirus software while the upgrade completes. Your own IT support might need to assist with this.
Note for terminal server installations:
When upgrading a Terminal Services/Citrix server, it is possible to use the Upgrade Software Online function to upgrade the installation. However, after the upgrade is complete, Network.exe must be run from the Add or Remove Programs window to complete the upgrade.
For further instructions on running Network.exe click here
Post-Installation check the release
After the installation is complete, the version numbers of all MYOB Exo Employer Services applications should be checked to see if they match the release version being installed.
To check that this release installed successfully, check the versions displayed on the About window (Help menu > About) against what is shown in the release notes.
If there are any problems with the Upgrade Software Online option and any attempts to re-run the Online upgrade process are not successful then follow the links below to download the upgrade file and install the upgrade manually.
New Zealand Version
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.