End of Financial Year Checklist for Australian version of MYOB Exo Payroll
An employee's Financial Year runs from 1 July to 30 June. When the Financial Year concludes the End of Year procedures such as Reconciling, Printing Reports and filing information with the ATO can be carried out.
When dealing with employee payments the Financial Year for tax purposes includes any payments that have a Physical Payment Date of 1 July to 30 June each year and may differ from the accounting Financial Year.
The End of Year procedure requires many processes to be done. To assist with this, a document has been attached to this article detailing the recommended End of Year procedure to be carried out in the MYOB Exo Payroll software.
Note: This document can be printed and used as a checklist to ensure each item in the process is completed.
Below is a summary of the items detailed in the attached checklist document.
Install the Compliance Release
Install the Compliance Release from either of the following options:
- Upgrade Software Online (from the Help menu)
- Download and install the upgrade manually (Click here for further information on this procedure)
Print the following reports to use for reconciling
- Trial Balance
- Pay Summary
- Costing Analysis
- Superannuation Summary
Reportable Fringe Benefits
These steps deal with Fringe Benefits that are to be reported to ATO (Click here for more information)
- Reinstate Terminated Employees
- Load the Reportable Fringe Benefits
- Re-terminating those employees that had been reinstated
Payment summaries provide pay information to both the employee and to the ATO
- Individual Non-Business Payment Summary
- Voluntary Agreement Payment Summary
- Employment Termination Payment Summary
- Electronic File (EMPDUPE.A01file)
Financial Year Lockdown Date
Financial Year Lockdown Date ensures the pay information is not altered once everything has been done.
- Financial Year Lockdown Date
Disclaimer: This information is of a generic nature. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, please contact your Accountant, the Inland Revenue Department, New Zealand at Work, Australian Tax Office or your IT Consultant as appropriate.