Changing company name for MYOB Exo Employer Services
Due to business mergers, acquisitions or company rebranding a company name that is being used within MYOB Exo Employer Services software may need to be changed.
When changing a company name in MYOB Exo Employer Services software there are three areas to consider:
- Changing the company name within MYOB Exo Payroll so that reports, such as Payslip and the "Payment Summaries" reports will reflect the new company name
- Change the company name you have registered with MYOB
- Changing the company 'Login' name found on the Login screen.
Changing the company name within the company installation.
1. Go to the Utilities menu.
2. Choose Setup Exo Payroll.
3. Go to Company setup and Employer details.
4. Change the Name here and choose Save before exiting.
Note: Changing the company name in MYOB Exo Payroll will also change the company name in any other module in that same install. If the company name is to be changed in any modules that have been installed as stand-alone installations, go to the Setup screen for that module and change the company name in the Name field.
Changing the details MYOB has on record for your company.
Notifying MYOB of the company name change can be done by filling out the 'Change of Details' or the 'Change of Ownership' form and emailing or faxing one of the forms back to MYOB's Services team.
These forms can be found at the bottom of this article. Save the document to the local computer then fill out the form and email or fax the form back to the Services team.
Changing the login name for the company installation.
When MYOB Exo Employer Services software is opened the first screen is the MYOB Login Screen - this screen lists all the installed companies. The names of these installed companies have no correlation to the company name given within the company installation, as seen in step one.
The company name is representing an install directory where all of the data for that company is stored. The only way to change the company name here is to Add a new company (A company with the new name) and directory, then Restore the data from the first company install into this new company install.
1. From the MYOB Login Screen choose Add or press F4.
2. Type in the new Company Name and Directory. Choose Save.
Note: If a password is requested type in Admin then press Enter.
3. Choose Exit on the Pay Cycle
4. Go into the Utilities menu and choose Restore
5. Select the Drive and Pathway to restore from then click Restore.
6. Choose the appropriate backup to restore from then click Save.
Note: If the backup you are looking for is not showing tick 'Show other company backups'.
7. Click Yes when prompted.
8. A User Security screen may appear. At this stage, enter a User Code and Password of a user for that company that existed at the time of the backup being taken.
9. The data will now be extracted, when the restore is complete click OK.
10. When you next login to Exo Employer Services both company names will be displayed. The old company can be deleted from this Login screen but it is not recommended so that historical reports can still be run showing the old company name.
Disclaimer: This information is of a generic nature. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, please contact your Accountant, the Inland Revenue Department, New Zealand at Work, Australian Tax Office or your IT Consultant as appropriate.